We are very excited to announce the addition of 2009 NBA Draft pick (32nd overall) Jermaine Taylor to Scorers 1st Sportmanagement.
The 6-foot-5, 205 pound shooting guard/small forward and Central Florida alum has competed in the NBA with the Houston Rockets, Sacramento Kings, Minnesota Timberwolves and Cleveland Cavaliers, while also playing in the NBA Development League with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, Maine Red Claws and the Idaho Stampede.
Brandyn Curry and his blog are back. After a successful rookie season playing (and writing) in Holland, where the former Harvard University standout guard was an All-Star, won the Dutch Basketball League championship and was named Finals MVP with Den Bosch, Curry now calls Germany's BEKO BBL home this season with Eisbären Bremerhaven and will continue to share his thoughts on playing professional basketball abroad with his blog, "3 Things I Learned This Week Playing Overseas"...
Adversity...that is the main topic that has been on my mind heavily these past weeks and one aspect of playing overseas where I hope I can help other pros who may face obstacles abroad.
Unfortunately, a lot of adversity has come my way and my teams' way this season in Bremerhaven. Currently, we are 2-10 and in 17th place out of 18 teams in the BEKO BBL. We've been through a coaching change and a few weekends ago we were up 11 points going into the fourth quarter against BBL rival and Euroleague squad, Bayern Munich only to lose in overtime. One of the best teams in the BBL and we were outplaying them the ENTIRE game only to lose in the last couple minutes. Frustrating.
Since 2003, Scorers 1st Sportmanagement has offered sound advice and guidance to professional basketball players around the world. But that's not all.
We also work closely with parents, businesses, coaches and teams at various levels to ensure their needs are being met before, during and after the season and to help build lasting relationships.
That is why we are opening up ourselves to share in our knowledge and help educate players, coaches and teams on the ins-and-outs of working within professional basketball and the athlete representation business.
Use the hashtag #AskScorers1st on our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook social media accounts to ask us questions on any of the following areas...for example:
- Choosing an agent/agency to work with coming out of college and/or as a professional
- Questions to ask when deciding to work with agent/agency
- Career planning options as a professional
- About different leagues, divisions and countries to play in
- What to look for in a trainer/training and development sessions
- What offseason development programs are available
- What attributes coaches/teams look for in a player
- How to present yourself on social media
- For coaches, how to get to know players better as people
- For teams, how to get the best player available within your budget
- For parents, what should my son/daughter know before signing with an agent and/or a professional contract
- For businesses, what opportunities are available to partner together with a basketball agent and their players to help promote product
These are just some of the many topics and ideas to throw our way when you #AskScorers1st...or just fire away by leaving your question/comment below. That's what we are here for! From everyone at Scorers 1st, we look forward to your questions and interacting with you.
Every year thousands of former college basketball players venture overseas to play professional basketball in hopes of competing at the highest level and growing their game to the next level -- former Valparaiso University guard Erik Buggs is one of those guys. After two seasons playing in Switzerland, Buggs will spend the 2015-16 season with U. Catolatica in Santiago, Chile, where he'll take you inside his life on and off of the court in pro basketball with his blog, "Inside My Pro Basketball Life"...
Articles and News Stories featuring Our Team.